Addressing Challenging Behaviors
How Can BIG Help Me?
For children with typical challenging behaviors and those with more significant behavioral difficulties, Behavior Improvement Group has the experience and expertise to make a difference in your family’s life. BIG, in partnership with you, will thoroughly assess the problem, design appropriate intervention, and show you (not just tell you) how the intervention should be applied.
The BIG therapist will work with parents and other family members as a team in order to ensure that the treatment will WORK for you and your family.
What Types of Problems Does BIG Address?
- Aggression, self-injurious behaviors, running away/wandering, and property destruction.
- Issues with healthy eating or diagnosed feeding disorders.
- Difficulties with toilet training, homework, chores, and morning & night time routines.
- Sibling or peer fighting, bickering, and disagreements.
- Disrespect, rudeness, whining and complaining.
- Demanding behavior, separation anxiety, and difficulty being independent.
What Should You Expect from Us?
- Open and clear communication about goal selection, treatment selection, and progress.
- Step by step instructions, demonstrations, and opportunities for hands on training for parents on how to implement the strategies we recommend.
- Ongoing data collection and progress monitoring to evaluate your child’s progress.
- Collaborative meetings with other practitioners (e.g., Speech-Language Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, school staff, etc.).
Contact the Behavior Improvement Group if you have questions not addressed on this page.